PDA

View Full Version : HSE or WHS Reference under new QLD Legislation?

Street Monkey
07-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi all

Just a bit confused as to what to reference under the new QLD legislation? WHS or HSE. It was previously HSE.

tracker
07-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Hi all

Just a bit confused as to what to reference under the new QLD legislation? WHS or HSE. It was previously HSE.

tracker
07-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Not certain what you are referencing but Queensland safety legislation is the Work Health & Safety Act and Regulation.

As far as I know the Electrical Safety Act & Regulation also apply in Queensland.

Note Victoria & WA still have their own OHS Legislation and the other States using WHS legislation have varied parts of the WHS Regulation to fit in with their priorities and needs so harmonization is still a dream.

Tracker.

Street Monkey
07-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Not certain what you are referencing but Queensland safety legislation is the Work Health & Safety Act and Regulation.

As far as I know the Electrical Safety Act & Regulation also apply in Queensland.

Note Victoria & WA still have their own OHS Legislation and the other States using WHS legislation have varied parts of the WHS Regulation to fit in with their priorities and needs so harmonization is still a dream.

Tracker.

Street Monkey
07-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Sorry Tracker, I was referring to the various Mining legislation in QLD, Gas and petroleum, Coal and Minerals. I believe the changes only apply to the legislation you quoted but wasn't sure. Thanks for your reply. My understanding is it doesnt apply to mining related legislation.

tracker
07-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Be careful - WHS Legislation in Queensland could also include or override any seperate Mining Legislation, it depends how the Government has structured it.

As I said each State has taken it's own path for instance in NSW WHS is the principal OHS legislation but they have several Mining Acts / Regs sitting under it and in the NT ( I think ) Mining is included in the WHS Act.

I think Queensland is similar to NSW but could be wrong.

Tracker

Catweasel
08-15-2014, 07:41 PM
To the best of my knowledge Qld mining regs will be updated in the not too distant future.