PDA

View Full Version : Entry WHS occupations

jqld2015
12-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi,

I have just completed my Diploma in WH&S, while job searching advertisements for WH&S positions I have found a majority require 2-5 years hands on experience.
Being realistic I know I wouldn't get consideration for these positions, only previous experience I have in regards to safety roles was a Occupational Health & Safety rep some time ago.
I'm curious to find occupational entry positions to apply for, in particular to mines or construction.

Cheers
John

tracker
12-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I have just completed my Diploma in WH&S, while job searching advertisements for WH&S positions I have found a majority require 2-5 years hands on experience.
Being realistic I know I wouldn't get consideration for these positions, only previous experience I have in regards to safety roles was a Occupational Health & Safety rep some time ago.
I'm curious to find occupational entry positions to apply for, in particular to mines or construction.

Cheers
John

John

The two you have listed are the high risk industries so good luck - what you need is exposure to the Hazards & Risks in these Industries and a good understanding of the controls needed to reduce the risk. The only way is to work within the industries for several years and get involved in OHS and consultation matters.
The other way is to get a Junior position in OHS at a related Industry and work your way up.

Tracker