Good morning all,

This is my first thread in my whole entire life and it has come at a pivotal point in time. I would like to make it clear that i have no formal qualifications in safety however i do have a sincere and burning desire to become professionally sound in the field of Safety.

Previous work experience: 7 years in a Senior Sales Management role (FMCG, retail)
Previous studies: Certificate 4 and Diploma in Business Management
Exposure to OHS: limited, but some, due to working in senior managerial roles

I am making the transition from a sales role to the safety industry for two reasons only.
1 - I am over selling products/services to people who don't need them yet they get themselves in debt to appear 'up to date' for society
2 - I want to make a difference by contributing to the overall well being of people busting their hump to make a living and aiding companies in becoming as self sustainable as possible.

I believe this is the ideal forum to express my situation as well as humbly request advice from existing sound professionals. I am at the start of a very long journey no doubt, however relying on professionals who have 'been there done that and learnt he hard way' my questions are these..

- What questions do i need to ask myself, coming into a new industry at the age of 30, that would give me greater clarity on investing the next 30 years in?
- What career paths have you professionals found to be the ideal way to go? (longevity, networking, financial)
- The new Cert 4 in WHS is my starting point, what type of roles/companies will accept a newbie undertaking this course whilst wanting to work full time?

There are a load more questions i have, but again being new to threads I am not even sure if the above is appropriate.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.