Quote Originally Posted by FluroTraining View Post
Great to see new people joining or interested in joinging the rewarding world of OHS/WHS!

In my experience, you can gain employment as a HSE professional through your typical OHS/WHS courses, those courses being Cert IV, Diploma, and AdvDip in OHS/WHS.

But Tracker is correct, it's all about the context of the position advertised! A particular position might be heavily focused on the Environmental factor and require an Environmental Science degree.

Other qualifications you might want to look at are Cert IV TAE (Training and Assessing), Worker's Compensation and Injury management for Coordinator's, Internal and Lead Auditor's courses and incident investigation courses (ICAM).

I recently went through a two year period of facilitating a career change, moving into OHS/WHS/Training and I completely understand a newbie's bewilderment at the early stages!

GinJa, if you are new to the construction industry, you will need a White Card (assuming you don't have one already!) and as it so happens we offer this course online.
http://www.fluro.com.au